Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Inter-Web

untitled-17.jpg

I assumed my blog schedule would be all off the wall due to a change in lifestyle..job..city, etc. I am trying to establish my new (childless) life. Every night, I get on the freeway, drive about fifteen minuted around the outer belt and head into a large building, swipe my name badge and go to work. That is my life now. It is something out of a movie of what grown-ups do. They go to work, go to meetings, and at the end of the day come home to their night time routine. Some people go to the gym, some people go to the bar and some people pick up kids. There are TV shows we can't wait to watch and dinner we aren't looking forward to cooking. There is an overall happiness when the sun is out and a sinking feeling of regret when the skies are gray. We live for a weekend only to recharge our batteries to start over again. My new work is very challenging and more importantly it is interesting. I love my new found feeling of wonder and awe of everything around me as I try to figure out exactly where I fit in. Then I get off work and hang out with my friends who generously offered me their spare room. I have the big schedule down..get up, get dressed, go to work, come home. It is the small details of my life that have not quite settled into place. They are like snowflakes that keep fluttering around with a breeze, not quite sure where to land. I miss the girls during the week. I get with the occasional email from Liv. "I miss you, Mommy. :) :) <3 <3, Love Livie. (she is a huge fan of emoticons) and call them ever night on the way home from work so my hands free car speaker system is filled with the sounds of their voices telling me how their day went. I am also lacking a crucial piece of my blog...the internet. My roomies use their internet from the phone, and the apartments around me are less then inviting with their wifi. One locked network is actually called "don't even try". I am close to knocking on doors and slipping neighbors twenties for their wifi passwords..but I am not there yet. Luckily, there is a library down the street. Remember those? I used to work at a library right after college.. One day, I am watching this white trash family scour books and movies..as if it were the first time they had ever been to the library. The man comes over and says "Do you guys have that there inter-web?" Now whenever I think of going to the library for a borrowed signal, I think of that guy from way back in 2003 and wonder if he has wifi yet.

I had an outfit post all ready for Thursday, but I haven't made it to the library yet. (no inter-web for me). I have a laptop that needs some new virus software and a phone that doesn't have an unlimited data plan. That makes for some serious weekend blogging and catching up on my emails, including all the latest sales and trends. (Gap- 30% off coupon - almost awesome except they now exclude denim from the coupon...guess those white long and lean jeans will have to hang out in my cart a little longer). I haven't worn a skirt yet to my new job. (mostly due to the fact that most of them are still hanging in my old closet)...but I had this photo set left from my last week at my old job. Fitting I would choose a bold red pencil skirt and and easy chambray shirt complete with chunky wooden necklace to end my nine straight months of wearing a skirt to work once a week. I plan to start that again....skirts are now packed and ready to head south to Columbus. From now until June 8, I will be posting less...but that doesn't mean I won't be taking pictures and writing!

untitled-16.jpg

untitled-14.jpg

untitled-12.jpg

untitled-9.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

untitled.jpg

untitled-6.jpg

Shirt: Forever21
Skirt: The Limited
Shoes: Dillards
Necklace: Thrifted
Belt: Gap

1 comment:

  1. nice outfit! love your red lipstick! if you want, take a look at my blog...we can follow each other if you like it! I hope...kisses

    http://truelovecomesonlyinboutique.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated :)