Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The State of Outside

DSC_1858.jpg
Weather is always my go-to small talk conversation piece. If you don’t really know someone, you can always say…man its really (warm, cold, crappy, snowy, breezy, sunny, grey, etc, etc) outside. We all have to go outside..it is the thing that binds us. (Unless of course you work in outer space). When you live in an area that experiences all four seasons, weather tends to be the hot topic along with..man I am getting old, sports, and of course did you see so and so’s facebook status? As I have said before, human interaction has not always been my strong suit. There always seems to be so much more going on in my life that the state of outside. But yet, I always find myself commenting about the weather. Maybe it is as standard as saying excuse me when squeezing by a stranger. I guess I spend a great deal of time discussing the state of outside. I am one of those people who is affected by lack of sun or too much cold..etc. My mood can be entirely regulated by what is like outside. Too many days with out sun, and I can barely get out of bed. There is this winter funk that usually sets in around late February and early March.

Something else happened that made me believe that there would be six more weeks of winter (sorry groundhog); I put a hole in my navy tights. Most of my favorite skirt outfits involve navy and usually this is not the time of year to be going bare legged. Tights season in Ohio starts in November and goes until early April. I figured since I wasn’t about to go buy a new pair of navy tights…it was most likely going to get cold. Apparently the weather gods are on my side. With temps that feel like early summer, I got to wear my navy skirt and reveal my pale winter legs. At this rate..they will be summer ready before Easter!! I love mixing my structured work pieces like a navy pencil skirt with a tan outline with my relaxed weekend wear, like my three quarter sleeve fuchsia T-shirt. Add a big necklace, cagy wedges and a bright scarf.and I have a fun and colorful Spring Fever outfit.
DSC_1809.jpg
DSC_1826.jpg DSC_1834.jpg
DSC_1841.jpg DSC_1842.jpg
DSC_1866.jpg
DSC_1847.jpg


Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: JC Penney
Scarf: Target
Ring: The Limited
Shoes: MIA (DSW)
Necklace: Dillards




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :)