Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Games People Play

“Look around tell me what you see.
What's happening to you and me. God grant me the serenity
To remember who I am
Cause you've given up your sanity
For your pride and your vanity
Turns you sad on humanity
And you don't give a da da da da da” Joe South- The Games People Play


DSC_1768.jpg


My posting has been scarce lately….but don’t worry, I will be back with a vengeance. I just read this amazing guide for bloggers  from A Beautiful Mess (one of the best names for a blog!) …I love how simply put the information while still being inspiring. It was like something clicked on in my mind. (maybe my heart got two sizes bigger...) I was sort of getting down on myself lately. Last week, I wondered where the heck my blog was going. It was one of those moments where you got a little glimpse of the path you need to take...like the Fidelity commercials are putting green arrows all around. I think there are signs and coincidences all around us..we just need to keep the faith and trust in ourselves. Do you ever get caught up in self-pity? There are days when we let other people think of us or say about us dictate how we feel about ourselves. I am one of those people who say likes to say..I am who I am and I don’t care what other people think. The truth is, we all care. Even if it is just a little. It takes a lot to be thick skinned. I guess my idea of what it means to be a decent person is not universally shared. I haven’t been posting because I have been going through some personal issues. Don’t worry, it is nothing tragic and no one is injured. My blog is a place of happiness and confidence and I don’t want to be one of those people who uses a blog to lash out on the things in life they can’t control. (That is for good old-fashioned pen and paper). When I start letting that negativity in the Pursuit, then they have taken the one thing I can claim as my own. And nothing makes me more happy and confident then a great color top and a fun spring skirt. I wore this outfit the other day for an unseasonably warm spring day. This black and white Limited skirt is my go to skirt. It is so easy to wear as almost anything in my closet matches….and it has pockets..bonus! I love taking pictures in the afternoon sun...the glow from the day's end setting behind the house may be my best light.

DSC_1795.jpg

DSC_1797.jpg

DSC_1774.jpg

DSC_1796.jpgDSC_1770.jpg

DSC_1799.jpg

DSC_1791.jpg

Shirt: Target
Skirt: The Limited
Shoes: Seychelles (DSW)
Necklace: Charlotte Russe



Part of my new coming blog idea is to separate my family stories and my outfit posts. Putting them together takes away their individual presence. I also plan on doing a section for creative writing for my journaling followers. I love writing prompts and assignments. This is the pursuit of creativity, the pursuit of inspiration the pursuit of laughs and stories. Do you know what makes me truly happy? Sharing a laugh with a friend and putting my individual stamp on the world. Sometimes life hands us situations that we don’t agree with and are powerless to change. My weapon against this is simply my writing. (it is mightier than a sword..) What do you do to cope when things aren't going how you imagined?




12 comments:

  1. Very nicely said! We all go through those "moments", but I'm happy to hear it was nothing more than a spring shower; quick to go and always leaving something better on its wake... ;)
    xo,
    Susana
    www.akeytothearmoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susana :) it really is what makes us stronger

      Delete
  2. You look so beautiful! I love this skirt, and you paired it perfectly with this color. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! you have a great weekend as well

      Delete
  3. So true...life most certainly does give us situations we do NOT like and cannot change! Hydraulic Fracturing is one of them! Good news - we have all been working towards deterring them from the Poland Woods and it appears that they will stay away (for now) So, at least some things we can control when we come together. I really enjoy your blogs. I get the reminder in my email now. It is my little piece of happy reading! Thanks for sharing a piece of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) always great to keep the woods in tact. Sometimes it takes a village :) Thanks for subscribing

      Delete
  4. Gotta love a skirt with pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all bloggers struggle with a sense of purpose from time to time - thank you for being so honest and candid! I've been considering taking the Blog Love e-course for a while. I know that there is so much for me to learn! On another note, your outfit is simply adorable. I especially love your teal sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your kind words, Kim. I really liked the Blog Love..I think we all need a little kick to our purpose and that is what it did for me. Thanks..those are my favorite sunglassess..I actually have two pairs. Good thing, I broke one pair on saturday!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful blog. Your outfit is too cute! I'm loving those heels!

    www.thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Andrea! I love your blog..you take amazing pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated :)