Saturday, March 31, 2012

Egg Head

We used to have this game for the OG Nintendo, Dizzy. It was another one of my Dad’s amazing Shopping Network purchases. Dizzy was an egg and the point of the game was to rescue his girlfriend, Daisy (also an egg), from an evil wizard. Dizzy had to collect objects as well as 100 stars. Since Dizzy was a walking hard boiled egg, he was naturally exposed to evils that would crack his shell like falling and running into spiders. He also needed some fancy swim gear in order to go under water. Dizzy was addicting. after all wiki knowledge calls it the “NES Adventure Game of the Year 1991' by Game Players Magazine”.

Sometimes when I am looking through a carton of eggs at the grocery store, I think of Dizzy’s adventure and the charming music that would play in the background. (it should be w/Mario Brothers on the NES greatest hits soundtrack). Just like with Dizzy, I have become convinced lately that eggs have other uses than eating. (The incredible, wearable egg). Lately, my hair has been an unattractive mix of greasy and dry. Greasy on the top, dry on the bottom my hair is much like a mullet of shame. I have always turned to home remedies when it comes to hair and skin. Why is it we pay so much for products at the store that have “all natural ingredients”? Why just not buy said ingredients and make up your own customized product at a fraction of the price? When I was in high school, I had the “Rachel” complete with blonde highlights made fresh from sun-in and hair bleach. (Hello frosted tips). While I made a pretty good looking blonde, after a while my hair began to have the consistency of a straw hat. It was broken and brittle at the end with very little shine. The best solution for this problem came straight from my original hipster Dad’s Pabst Blue Ribbon stash in the basement. I would open a can of PBR and let it sit until it was pretty flat. (Maybe a little sip test along the way..). Then I would pour the beer on my head in the shower and shampoo as usual. The result: shiny Rachel tresses..and eventually going back to my natural brown. Since my hair has had the greasy texture to it lately, I wanted a similar remedy. I found an article on Women’s Day that had some great ideas for items around the house as hair/skin treatments. I found the egg to be the best solution form my problem. The white part treats the grease while the yoke coats dry tresses with moisture. With the information from the article, I came up with my own little egg hair treatment. It really helped absorb the moisture around my scalp and my ends were much less brittle. Here is my little egg-cellent (couldn’t resist) home hair remedy. If you only have one of the problems..don’t use the whole egg. Whites for oily, yokes for dry.



egg.jpg

Egg
2 eggs..my hair is thick
Egg2
Separate egg whites and yoke
Egg3
rub mixture into hair as needed
Egg4
Wait 20 mins..
Egg5
careful not to break any glasses!


2 comments:

  1. I should try egg yoke, my hair has been dry lately. Loved your egg-cellent pun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! let me know if it works for you. it really helped my scalp look less greasy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated :)