Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaping Lizards


DSC_1421.jpg



"We learned about Leap Day today at school." Liv announced at dinner. She explained to us that there are three times in a row where February 28 was the last day in February and then there is a February 29. I did that "mom thing" Where I pretended that she told me information that I had never heard before. "interesting". I responded.

I never really thought much of leap day before. I just know there is an extra day in February every four that leads to the Olympics and a Presidential election. As a semi-monthly paycheck recipient, this month meant one more day until I get my check. February has never been one of those months I want to continue on. I would love if the extra day was added to the end of June or September. If you live anywhere where winter is one of those season that is at its gloomiest, then February is not the month for an additional day away from spring. 

This year was a little different. I have heard a couple times that February 29 was supposed to be a lucky day..the only thing lucky about today was the spring like weather. It was a different sort of a winter day. It was the day where I planned on wearing a skirt and tights and decided to bare leg it. After all, they were predicting temps nearing the sixties. I wore some red as a send off to  It was nice to have a dose of spring on this official last day of February. How did you spend your leap day?




DSC_1445.jpg
DSC_1425.jpg

DSC_1438.jpg

DSC_1447.jpg

DSC_1457.jpg

DSC_1469.jpg

DSC_1467.jpg



Shirt: The Limited
Skirt: Target
Necklace: J.Crew (via Ebay)
Boots: Etsy


2 comments:

  1. This outfit is so cute! Loving that skirt, and the teal necklace against the red looks awesome :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated :)