Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Zombie Yellow

DSC_0669.jpg


Had a long and grueling Monday? Feel like the world is coming down around you and you are just plain and simply defeated? I have one solution: Zombie Apocalypse. I had one of those Mondays...but really isn't that every Monday? It was the sort of day where I started off owning the day and by the end it completely owned me. Perhaps it was the grey skies and they steady rain fall...or it was the feeling that I am not always in control of my fate..no matter what it was, I was pretty worn down by it.

I am afraid of horror movies. I still look for the boogie man under my bed. When I am laying there in total silence, I am often jump out of my skin. "What was that?" I will ask Josh. "It was the cat." he always says drifting off into his usual state of non-protective snoring. Sometimes I like to gently nudge him. "What?" he will say in confusion. "Oh..nothing, I must have bumped you." I lie. (guess I am busted now!). I hope he will stay awake and engage in some pointless pillow talk..but his eye lids are magnetically drawn to his face. I know it is juvenile, but I still check the closet before bed and make sure the house is locked down tighter than Fort Knox. Perhaps a certain cousin of mine who shall go nameless may to be to blame for telling me Freddie Kruger was under my bed as a kid. Either way, I am the last person who would be unwinding with a glass of wine watching a zombie Apocalypse on a Monday night...or am I?

Josh and I have become obsessed with watching "The Walking Dead" on AMC. I kept hearing it is a great show and the writing is fantastic..which for me is always an indication of good TV. I wasn't quite sure if good writing was going to be enough to overpower the idea of people eating other people...but I gave it a try. I was immediately hooked. We watched the first season Sunday and Monday. I swear, I didn't want to love it, but I did. There is something about watching people's lives being turned upside down by zombie mobs that reminds me that life could always be worse. Today is my sister's birthday and I can say thankfully that she was not eaten by zombies.(Happy Birthday Kim!!)  As I laid in bed, the details of the day mixed with images of zombies tearing into human flesh spun around in my mind. Josh attempted to stay up and hang out with me until I fell asleep..but he was snoring by the fifth time I said "what was that". I was little extra jumpy and added zombies to the list of things that could go bump in the night.  I thought about which kid I would gather first (another argument for them sharing a room)..I thought about whether I was strong enough to withstand an attach or if I would just collapse from a heart attack right there. Needless to say, my mind was racing for a little while before I finally drifted off to sleep.

Then my alarm started to chime. Or so it felt. I was barely asleep dreaming of dead people and guts abound when my phone went off and a tiny person (not zombie) appeared in my room. It was Liv making sure we were still on for our morning pilates date. How do you say no to a seven year old asking you to exercise? So I stumbled out of bed and staggered down the hall. It is funny because I was afraid of a zombie attack and as I caught a glimpse of my bloodshot eyes in the mirror, it was the only zombie I had actually encountered. I could barely wake up....and of course I hadn't picked a picture worthy outfit. Here is my style suggestion: when you look and feel like a zombie, go bright or stay home. Have you even seen a zombie in sunshine yellow? That was the angle I was taking when I put on a yellow cable Vneck and bright purple shoes. The only that kept me awake was the reflection off my sweater. Perhaps I need to wait a day before I start season 2.

DSC_0683.jpg
DSC_0692.jpg
DSC_0696.jpg
DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0678.jpg
DSC_0673.jpg


Sweater/Shirt: Old Navy
Pants/Belt: The Limited
Shoes:Coach (Ebay)
Headband: Forever21
Earrings: American Eagle
Small Bracelet: Design Spark

2 comments:

  1. Your nails...swoon. The yellow sweater looks great on you :)

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layers and pop of color from your shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated :)