Monday, January 30, 2012

Coffee Talk

Admit it, you saw the title and immediately used the Mike Myers "coffee talk" voice. (smooth like buttah). If there was a Linda Richman font , you know I would be all over it. I am so flattered that so many of you have reached out to tell me how much you enjoy my blog. So many people have told me that reading "The Pursuit" has become part of their morning coffee ritual. I am so excited to be accompanying the "best part of waking up". (Folgers font). I am a fellow coffee addict so I know how important that first sip of hot coffee is.  There is nothing better than sitting there in your pajamas enjoying a hot fresh cup of coffee. I started drinking coffee when I was pretty young. I was about eleven or twelve and I wanted in on my mom's morning relaxation time. Given her hectic schedule and all the drama that is involved with surviving middle school, it was nice to have a couple minutes over coffee and flavored creamer (a huge deal in the mid nineties). We always had a bagel for breakfast since it was 1993 and carbs had not been invented yet. (thanks Dr. Adkins). I remember how we thought a jumbo bagel lathered in cream cheese was healthy. 


Since then, coffee has been my morning (afternoon in college) ritual. There was the high school morning cup with vanilla creamer while I waited for my ride.( I was way too cool to ride the bus). In college there was the Baileys and coffee for the afternoon classes. When I waited tables, I became accustomed to crappy coffee and mini-moos. (preparing me for office life). Then there were the birthing years. Once I had Layla, my coffee habit transformed into a coffee addiction. Most people will admit they started drinking coffee when they had kids. Pre kids, every moment is a moment to yourself. Once you have a kid, you are taking every sip with the desperation that it may be your last. When you find yourself walking around the house collecting glasses of half drank half curdling coffee, then you officially earn your Mom badge.

Today's coffee talk is dedicated to Monday. Monday was the real reason coffee is so popular. The sweet elixir that takes our bodies out of the weekend and into real life is the most important tool in the Monday survival kit. Today's cup of coffee was brought to you by the color purple. I try not to do too many Monday outfit pictures, but today's purple pants and sweater deserved a couple pictures. I love doing a monochromatic color pallet, especially with a rich jewel tone like purple. It was the combination of coffee and purple that got me through yet another Monday. So as you take that sip of sip of coffee I will give you a run down of the news: In weather news another unusual pattern of snow thunder has struck leaving otherwise sane people to wonder: is 2012 the end. Fresh out of Hollywood in complete "we saw this coming" style, yet another golden couple gets divorced proving once again that hollywood marriages are much harder than real marriages. (sarcasm font). In politics: republicans continue to debate and family dinners all over the country have reflected the turmoil that is yet another election year. In sports: Shaun White is awesome, the Patriots will most likely win another super bowl, tennis is still popular (in Australia), and it is time for the long haul between football seasons that is baseball.

All joking aside, I honestly cant say enough how much all the support means to me. "I am all verklempt...talk amongst yourselves".


DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg
DSC_0743.jpgDSC_0753.jpg

 Sweater/Necklace: Target
Shirt: Old Navy
Pants: The Limited
Booties: MIA (DSW)





4 comments:

  1. Obviously, I read this with my coffee :) Enjoyed immensely. There was a great spot in Hawaii called "coffee talk" I went there often. I hope this blog gets you somewhere Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, I don't drink coffee, but I love reading the way you write. I can tell you, thanks to my blog a lot of doors have opened and now I'm doing things I never thought I will. I want this for you too :).

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tereza!! I think doors are opening for me very slowly..but that isn't always a bad thing. I am glad things are going so well for you..your blog is really cool..lots of good stuff ideas and great images. I will be happy to follow you. :)

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated :)