Friday, November 25, 2011

Grateful

DSC_0222.jpg


"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right..." 
The Grateful Dead


Name one thing you are greatful for...

Olivia: What does grateful mean?
Me: What do you think it means? 
Olivia: Thankful?
Me: Yes..what is one thing you are thankful for?
Olivia: Layla
Layla: I am thankful for Warrior Cats
Olivia: You and Daddy..you know, like, parents. I am thankful parents. 
Me: Layla? anything else?
Layla: Wolfquest. 
Olivia: And the third thing, my pets
Layla: I am thankful for my parents
Olivia: You aren't thankful for me? 
Layla: Of course I am thankful for me. 
Me: Why do you think we sit down and have a dinner based on what we are thankful for?
Olivia: I am not sure
Layla: That is actually pretty confussing to me.

DSC_0176.jpg


It is funny how much we talk and teach the children to be thankful for things. We teach them basic manners like saying thank you when some one opens a door for you. Do we teach them what it truly means to be thankful? I can honestly say that I never heard an instance where I was upset to hear the word thank you. (Even in the only bad Alanis Morriset Song..Thank You). Small gestures of thank you can go a long way....including the appreciatve wave when someone lets you out. 

I hope everyone enjoyed their turkey days. I love a day of over eating, watching football and hanging out with family. I have a long list of things to be thankful for...but one of them is the people who have read and encouraged me and this blog over the last six months. I am still pursuiting away here and am grateful to have you all along. After all, a person is nothing with friends. I have kept true to my no pants rule on thursday...and added another reason to wear dresses. There is nothing better than not wearing pants when stuffing your gut with turkey and rum. (my family is half pirate). You see your belly button pop out of the front of the dress like a turkey timer telling you dinner is ready. That is when you are grateful that you wore a dress and not jeans. While I get compliments on how much I dress up for the occasion...I can honestly say the real reason behind the dress is to fit more pumpkin pie in my belly. 

Hope everyone has a great remainder of the holiday weekend!!

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg


LIv's Skirt/tights: Target
Liv's Sweater: Gap Kids
LIv's Tank: Justice for Girls
Liv's Boots: Shoe Carnival



DSC_0187.jpg
DSC_0225.jpg
DSC_0183.jpg
DSC_0226.jpg



Sweater: Forever 21
Dress: New York & Co
Tights/Earrings: Target
Sunglasses: Walgreens
Ring: The Limited
Belt: My Grandma's
Boots: Piperlilme




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :)