Monday, October 24, 2011

Red Hot

DSC_0105.jpg



Do you ever have those days where you just feel like taking a risk? You know those days where you just don't give a care what people think about you? It is always those inner thoughts you give to yourself that prevents you from allowing yourself to try a new trend. What is she thinking? There seems to be a huge gap between what people wear in magazines and big cities and what people wear in small town, USA. I have spent the last month trying to establish myself as an ambassador of the real girl. The real girl looks at pictures of Fall Fashion Week and thinks..WTF?  I don't go anywhere cool enough to begin to pull any of that off. What I like to do is take current trends and styles and try to bring the down to my little reality. Who doesn't like to escape for a minute ? It is like taking a vacation..but much cheaper. "I close my eyes..only for a moment and the moments gone" (Old School anyone?). I take a mental trip into a much cooler life. I am this trendy twenty something living in a metropolitan area. The wind is blowing as my lace up wedges step along the busy streets. I come to the crosswalk. I am surrounded by buildings..big bright buildings. There is a dull hum of the morning commute but I can't hear because I have my ear buds in. (which twenty something doesn't?). My morning has a soundtrack.  It is a scene right out of a magazine or romcom.  I am cool, confident..sexy and smart. So when I put on something that seems a little out of place in my normal life, so when I close my eyes and magically am transported into the life I feel like I fit into, I fit the part.

Today, I wore something I keep seeing in magazines and in store windows alike, red pants. I have been a pair of straight leg pants in a bright red hue. In the rain, migraine and over all Monday-ness that was today, I leaned on the warmth radiating from my red hot pants to keep me in high spirits. Small town girls - if you are brave enough to try this fun look, I would suggest pairing them with a neutral (tan, gray, cream, camel, etc) to quiet the pants enough for an everyday look. I love the bright primary colors that are right on trend this fall. I plan stepping up my neutrals by giving them access to some pops of bright color.

"Well she was an American girl...raised on promises. She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more life somewhere else. After all it was a great big world..with lots of places to run to..." Tom Petty 

DSC_0086.jpg


DSC_0077.jpg


DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

Pants: The Limited
Scarf: TJ Maxx
Shoes: MIA (DSW)
Necklace: Dillards

2 comments:

Comments are always appreciated :)