Monday, September 26, 2011

ET

I was watching ET, and I often wonder if it is one of those movies that was better as a kid. Well, I should pause and say that I was completely terrified of it as a kid. It was the first movie that I ever saw and I still scream when ET (who looks like an upright dog sans cute floppy ears) jumps out of the woods. (children of the 80's can I get a hell yeah!!).  I guess as a kid I never really understood the kid/alien feeling connection that I have later come to understand.

The only thing I can think of as a Mom is....I would loose it if that was my kid. Elliot is in the bubble, and living the dream that pretty much every kid I knew lived, to be BFFs with an alien. As a Mom, I wouldn't be able to handle seeing my kids turning all chalky with their weird alien dog friend. I can picture them now in their ashy bubbles.."stay together". Aaah...kids and aliens living in harmony. crazy. I just have to say as a Mom it never ceases to amaze me what your kids can hide from you when they set their little minds to it. I guess once you have kids, you are unable to see the glory in the things kids find so heroic, like being one with an alien.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :)