Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Charlie Sheen

Like everyone else in the world, I have no clue what to think of Charlie Sheen. I watched the roast on Comedy Central the other day and I watched the season premier of Two and a Half Men...and I am still baffled. The roast was funny and awkward at the same time. Two and a Half Men had about two funny lines and that was it  (not that I was ever a fan of the show to begin with).

At this point you may be wondering why I even care or am bringing this up. Well, I will have to say that the whole "Charlie Sheen is winning" controversy has really sparked my interest. I cant help but wonder what the hell he is winning and what I am missing. Then I started to really wonder if i was winning.

We seem to measure every ting in terms of winning and loosing. What are we winning? What are we loosing? To take it back to the Sheen reality, the man essentially quit his job and told his boss to eff-off. Who out there wouldn't want to do that? It is the American dream. Does he do what every other person who won something does? (if you are wondering...that is go to Disneyland). Not at all...upon claiming his victory, he goes on a hooker and crack binge. Now who is the loser. Then he goes on a comedy tour and calls himself some warrior from Mars or something. Now who has lost it? But yet, you have to admire him for sticking himself out there and not caring at all what anyone else thought.

Getting back to the idea of winning. I wonder if in my life, I am winning. On the plus side I have a wonderful family, great friends, I am damn good looking (Shout out to Richelle!!!). But, I still am on my pursuit, I haven't told anyone to eff-off recently and I see another twenty years of college loans for two degrees I hardly use. (well i guess my Creative Writing degree is finally getting some use!). So really am I winning? Since this is more of a rhetorical question, I think I am going to keep this in the back of my mind. For now, I am on the pursuit of winning.




HIP_335226409.736751
today's inspirational picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :)